Sunday, July 3, 2011
July 4 Weekend
July 4 Weekend
The List of July 4 Weeken Events at the TUCSON.
- "Red, White, and Boom," featuring musical acts "Starship" with Mickey Thomas, "Calexico," and Santana tribute band "Savoir," will take place July 3 at the Pima County Fairgrounds. Due to the dry weather and the Pima County Board of Supervisors' temporary ban on fireworks, the "boom" will be replaced by a "patriotic laser light show."
- The JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa will be celebrating the Fourth of July with fireworks on Friday, July 1st at 9:15 pm and Sunday, July 3rd, starting at 9pm. The whole weekend is filled with fun activities for the entire family including dive-in movies, fun in the Starr Pass Water Collection including a Rubber Ducky Derby, all kinds of games for kids and adults, and so much more.
- On Sunday, July 3 at 8pm AVA Amphitheater will hold what they claim is "Tucson's largest fireworks display!": "Come out and celebrate our 17th Anniversary. Experience the largest fireworks display in Tucson and witness the lighting of the new hotel dome."
- The Cecil Fielder Elite World Series, a youth baseball tournament beginning tomorrow and running through July 5
- On Saturday, the Freedom Festival 2011, presented by KIIM FM and Clickjab, will feature performances by country artists Neil Russel, Ash Bowers, Sunny Sweeney, Steve Holy, and headliner Tracy Lawrence.
- On Monday, July 4, the Tucson Padres will face the Reno Aces in the "Triple-A Baseball Star Spangled Spectacular" followed by a professional fireworks show.
- July 4 Freedom Ride, presented by Presteza Racing Team, Sabino Bicycles, and Greater Arizona Bicycling Association, is a 28-mile fun ride starting at the Tucson Convention Center at 6:30 a.m. to benefit El Grupo Youth Cycling. For more info, call: 520-747-2544
- The 15th annual "A" Mountain fireworks show will be held atop Sentinel Peak again this year - the display is expected to begin at about 9:15 p.m. on July 4. Access to Sentinel Peak will be restricted on Monday and Tuesday - walkers and joggers are encouraged to use the nature trail instead of the perimeter road.
- "Let Freedom Sing" at the UA Centennial Hall: "Join the Arts Express Choir and Orchestra for Tucson's 27th annual patriotic presentation of "Let Freedom Sing" which will be held on July 4th at 3PM in Centennial Hall on the University of Arizona campus at Park and University. This year's theme is United We Stand."
- 48th Annual 4th of July Parade and Pancake Breakfast will be held at 7:00 a.m. with a 9:00 a.m. Parade at Camden and Palo Verde, the oldest Neighborhood Parade in Tucson. Breakfast is $3.00. Parade is free. All are welcome to participate in the Parade.
- Independence Day Extravaganza at the Tubac Golf Resort & Spa: "Come and celebrate Independence Day at The Tubac Golf Resort & Spa! On Monday, July 4, 2011 the festivities will start at 4pm and culminate with a spectacular fireworks display at 8:45pm. The evening promises to be a fun filled event including family activities, food vendors, kid's face painting, entertainment, huge desert sky fireworks and a special VIP package. Parking is $7 per car."
- "Team America: World Police" Sing-a-long and Curse-a-thon at The Loft theater: "Join your fellow Americans as we once again put the 'F' back in freedom by singing and cursing along to the world's greatest, funniest and filthiest foul-mouthed American marionette musical of all time. No one under 17 admitted without an adult guardian."